Saturday, June 25, 2011

Deity Jewelry and more




My wife likes ankle bells, she wants a pair for Radharani, pure silver ones. I just bought a new pair for her (in the pic) and she loved them so much, she told me to buy a set for Sri Radhe. I called my jeweler friend in India, he's a really nice guy, so I ordered some silver ankle bells for Her for Radhaashtami. I explained to him what size it's supposed to be and how they should look. I think he might purchase ready-made ones and ship them. Or maybe he can send it with my friend Sudhir Krishna prabhu since he is coming back from Mayapur in July and that way we can save on shipping. I have to buy something else too but I'm not sure if I can afford it or not. Some devotee called me a couple weeks ago saying, "Please I've been robbed and I need some money. Can you help me?" after we sent the money he didn't call. My wife called him and left a voice-mail but he didn't call back. It has been weeks. That money was reserved for the Deities but we sent it anyway and now he is not responding. Why? Why, after getting help nobody wants to talk to me? This happens all the time with every devotee. Why? That's my question. And that money, actually, I was going to order all the Deities Janmastami's dress from Vrindavan.
Now, tell me please, what am I supposed to do in this situation? Is this supposed to be the character of a devotee? I took so much trouble to help him, I didn't sleep that morning, I went straight from work (night-shift) to the office to send the money. And for me, that amount is quite a lot of money... you take trouble to help someone and then you have more trouble in return.